Glitter And Lights, Doin’ it up Right
Keep The Décor Classy And Simple If Your Selling During The Holidays...
Don’t be a Scrooge! However, refrain from going all Clark Griswold! Keep it classy when breaking out your holiday spirit and decking the halls. It’s not the prime spring and summer selling season, but seriously! What better time to really lay on the sale and showcase your home? With festive holiday décor and creating a warm cozy environment for the hardcore house hunters to get out of the chilly temperatures, it’s a great way for home sellers to take advantage of this “magical” time of year. When out in freezing temperatures, nothing says welcome home like walking into a warm house tastefully decked out for the holidays. Add even more zest to the atmosphere with an aroma of baked goods wafting throughout the house. Here are some tips if you are marketing your home this holiday season:
1. Stick to winter decorations.
2. Make buyers feel merry and price your home to sell. Don’t start out big and drop the price little by little.
3. As with any time of the year when selling your home, make curb appeal a top priority. Reduce outside clutter and junk. Rake leaves (Hopefully you did this before the snow decided to fly and the ground froze). Keep the outside tidy like the inside of the house.
4. Oh, the weather outside is frightful … and as online Christmas shoppers are shopping online so are home buyers. So making your pictures create the WOW feature that will attract more buyers. Before hiring a real estate agent make sure they are using high quality photography to market your property.
5. Think outside the box … When showing your home, make it feel cozy and inviting for buyers when getting out of the cold weather. Turn up the heat, play soft music and offer homemade treats. When encouraging buyers to spend more time in your home, you also give them more time to admire its best features.
6. Last, but not least, hire a reliable real estate agent. Seek out someone who will work hard for you and won't disappear during the holidays. Make sure they are taking advantage of all the possible marketing opportunities and latest technologies.
The holidays are always stressful with gifts to buy, baking treats and preparing large dinners as well as entertaining relatives and friends. Take a moment to remind yourself that if you don't sell now, remember that Spring and Summer are just around the corner. The New Year is close at hand so relax and enjoy this special time of year. It's Christmas!